There is no denying that the classic French Manicure looks amazing. It is elegant and understated and gives your hands a cleaner, brighter and prettier look. Unfortunately, going to a salon for a French Manicure can cost A LOT. Here is a step by step tutorial on how to do a salon level French Manicure at home for a fraction of the cost.
What you will need:
A nude nail polish
A white nail polish, like OPI's Alpine Snow
A quick drying Topcoat (our favorite is Seche Vite)
Snail Vinyls French Tip Nail Vinyls
Nail polish remover
Clean up brush like our Mitty Nail Art Clean up Brush- Pro Angular
1. Paint all of your nails with two coats of your chosen nude polish.
2. Paint your quick drying topcoat over all nails. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! This step is critical when using nail vinyls and stencils. Skipping it can cause your vinyls to pull up your bottom nail polish color.
3. Take your French Tip Nail Vinyls and carefully place them at your desired length down from the end of your nails. Be sure to make them all approximately the same distance and only do one hand at a time.
4. Now carefully paint the end of your fingertips with your white nail polish. Be sure to use enough for an opaque coat. Use your nail vinyls as a guide on where to start.
5. Before the white polish dries, slowly pull up each of your nail vinyls. Do NOT allow your white polish to completely dry as this will cause the vinyl to adhere completely to the nail.
6. Wait about 10 minutes and then apply another coat of Seche Vite. Wait an additional 5 minutes and then repeat all steps on your other hand.
7. Once both hands are complete, dip your Mitty Pro Angular Clean Up Brush in some nail polish remover and remove any excess polish that may have gotten on your cuticles or skin.
Enjoy your amazing new French Manicure!